locked Re: Missing Audio Output Choice

AA5UN, Marty

Funny that mine just did it again.  Typically happens when the laptop goes to sleep.  I had to unplug the 705 USB and plug it back in.  Then restarted the program and it worked fine.  I really think you need to not allow the computer to powersave or go to sleep.

AA5UN

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:54 AM Kelly Ziadie <kziadie@...> wrote:

Marty, I did try several reboots without luck.

Bill, I tried rc3 without luck although the behavior was slightly different. In the drop down boxes I no longer have Windows default device as an option, the only option listed is the specific device that happens to be the Windows default device. I did first uninstall 2.2 and also removed the WSJT folders from the Appdev\<username>\WSJTX directory.  I also tried going into the Windows advanced sound settings where it allows you to set the devices for specific applications. I was able to select the correct devices there, but WSJT-X did not honor them.

73

Kelly KC3NIE

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Somerville
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 8:19 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Missing Audio Output Choice

Hi Kelly,

can you try WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC3 from here: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html or from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.3.0-rc3/ and report back if it works better for you please?

On 11/01/2021 13:09, Kelly Ziadie wrote:

Yes I did try removing the devices and letting them reinstall, it did not make a difference. I also disabled power management on all USB root bridges in device manager. In terms of devices, I have the built-in speakers and microphone in the laptop, the speakers and microphone from an external USB webcam and the speakers and microphone from the rig. All 3 sets of devices are available for use in DM 780, Fldigi and Winlink. Only in WSJT-X do I only have the choice of the default device.

73,

Kelly- KC3NIE

Sent from my phone, please excuse errors.