sticky Re: Mac M1 Memory Error

Bill Somerville

On 10/01/2021 13:11, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 10/01/2021 13:07, invl160 Davis wrote:
I have been using my 2017 iMac using the macro work around to get rid of the shared memory issue.  After a week of having to do the macro fix I got tired of doing it each time I booted up.   I like turning everything off in the shack when I am finished operating.

will there ever be a permanent fix in WSJT-x?

Frank VO1HP

Frank,

the problem lies with Apple, we do not know why the mechanism using /etc/sysctl.conf to adjust kernel parameters does not work on macOS 11 using M1 hardware. At some point in the future the requirement for shared memory to communicate between the WSJT-X processes will be removed, but that is a big change that we do not intend to do quickly.

Surely you can arrange for a script to be run on reboot to adjust the shared memory parameters, also why are you rebooting your M1 Mac so often that this becomes so annoying?

Frank,

here's an example of how to use LaunchDaemon to run a on-time command after reboot with root access.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/311188/running-a-sudo-command-on-startup/311189