Re: WSTJ-X v2.2.2 Crashed During the RTTY Roundup #ContestMode

Robert A Wilson

I can try to provide any error messages. Are they located in a log somewhere? When the application crashed, there was no visible  error message displayed. The windows just closed.
Thanks

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:06 AM <groups@...> wrote:
On 04/01/2021 03:48, Stephen Malyszka wrote:
> I also experienced the same problem.  Spent a lot of contest time troubleshooting and many lost Q's. I had well over  a dozen crashes. Luckily I only had to reload WSJTx  and not reboot the computer. Had some crazy Error messages after reloading. It appeared to me that the problem is primarily in FT4 mode. One member from Our club (FRC) used the newer candidate version and didn't experience any problems.
>
> Now that we have all brought attention to this problem, what is the recommendation from the designers? I assume they are part this group. Was this problem known and a fix implemented in the New candidate version?
>
> Steve AG2J
>> On Jan 3, 2021, at 10:10 PM, Anthony Luscre <k8zt73@...> wrote:
>>

>> I had a similar situation here.
>> I tried it both through N1MM and as stand-alone and had crashes both ways
>>
>>> On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 7:28 PM Robert A Wilson <fishnscout@...> wrote:
>>> While participating the the RTTY Roundup today, WSJT-X version 2.2.2 running on Windows version 10.0.19041.685 crashed 17 times. It happened every time on receive and most of the time when I'd clicked on a link when someone was calling CQ and they responded. Sometimes it would happen when a direct call was made and they responded. Usually restarting the program got things going again. At one point, a complete reboot was required. It hasn't crashed during regular usage. Something similar to this was happening during Field Day when using a different computer. Let me know if I can provide any additional information.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Robert, KN4CNU
>>>

>> --
>> Anthony Luscre
>>
>> K8ZT
>> Ohio Section Section Youth Coordinator & Education Outreach
>> ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™
>>
>> k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)
>>
>> The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com
>>
>> K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com
>>
>> Amateur Radio Resources for Students/Youth - www.k8zt.com/hry

It would certainly help the developers if you could cut and paste the
error message so they see for themselves what is going wrong.

73
Roger
G#4HZA
moderator