locked sticky Re: #special Updated group format and rules #special

Tom Melvin

Roger

Just a side issue - I never post via the web page always just send an e-mail - Adding a hash tag is not an issue but if you can only enter certain tags that may be a problem as 100% mail users will have no idea of the tags to use.

How do you suggest users handle that? - you may find everyone just uses #special (or whatever they remember) then that defeats the process.

Regards

Tom
GM8MJV

On 6 Jan 2021, at 10:56, groups@... wrote:

On 06/01/2021 02:08, Kenneth Williams wrote:
I just want to make sure that I understand this new process.
When I tried to put a hashtag in my subject line of a new message and did not select a hashtag from the existing list, my message would not post and I got a message telling me that only moderators can add new hashtags.  Is this the correct and expected behavior?  I am asking because this is not what I expected from the example showing "'This is a sample message #test'".
I just want to make sure that I am using the process correctly and that the tag I use must come from the list of existing tags.
Thanks
Ken
KC6PUQ

Good morning Ken

You don't say what hashtag you wanted to add.

I had a look through the list of hashtags again yesterday and added four I thought might be useful.

If you wish for a new hashtag to be added please will you contact the moderators with a request.

73
Roger
G#4HZA
moderator