locked Re: WSJT-X on Raspberry Pi setup

Bill Somerville

On 04/01/2021 22:43, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello All,

I installed WSJT-X on a Raspberry Pi 400 as I wanted to see if orca screen reader could enable me to navigate the interface. I am glad to say I have been able to set my call and grid. Set my TS-590SG cat control and match the settings I use on Windows. I was also able to select the message macro for calling CQ with my call and grid. So it is the audio settings next. I wondered if I could do this from the command line? I have used aumix and alsa before but down't know how to address the sound card device. I see from lsusb there was a lot of information regarding the TS-590SG connection. Any help on getting this set up would be appreciated, more driven by the terminal the better.

Thanks,

Georgina

Hi Georgina,

you may find the pavucontrol application useful, it is a GUI but is reasonably simple, but I don't know how well it plays with screen readers. It has its own package:

sudo apt install pavucontrol