From: Steven Reich <wi9ssr@...>
Date: 1/3/21 3:45 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] WSJT-X v2.2.2 and Xiegu G90

I just purchased a Xiegu G90 and got it working in FT8/FT4 with WSJT-X. In WSJT-X I see other stations calling CQ and I can make connections with other stations. According to the other stations my signal strength is MUCH lower than theirs. If I see someone calling CQ at +8dB when they reply they say my signal is something like -19dB. At first I thought it was just due to the G90 having 20Watts max output. However I just noticed that the mode is USB when receiving, but the G90 switches to LSB when transmitting. I do not see this behavior with my Icom IC-7300. I'm wondering if this is why my signal reports are so low.

Is this normal for the G90, or do I have something setup wrong in WSJT-X, or possibly with the G90?

Thanks, Steve WI9SSR