locked Re: Annoyance!

Floyd Sense

Well Joe, it may be just that simple.  Back in the spring I installed a new HP PC in the station after decades of using only home assembled PCs.  It took many days to overcome all the HP "features" and to get everything working again and in the chaos I thought I had fixed all the Windows sleep problems, but they were actually missed.  I have a total of 5 "sound card" devices, a couple of them being external USB attached and have had no problems with the others but I should have focused on the one that was having problems and didn't do that.  I've eliminated all the sleep functions and will carefully monitor things now to see if that solves the problem.  It sure would be nice if Windows had a single button or option to kill ALL system sleep functions at least for troubleshooting purposes.

73, Floyd - K8AC