locked Re: FT8 success after sunset

Dave

Yes,

Keep in mind that the band is very busy and a QRP signal is often lost.

Just today I was on 20 watching South Africa pop up but not able to work it.

Dave KC3AM

On 12/31/2020 17:10, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks for your suggestions. I just had a goal to get a number of contacts before the end of the year. As I write I have a few hours left of this year. But have given up and will look to see what my total is after writing this message.

I do not have an antenna that has an SWR problem. I have a TW1 and the TS-590SG that speaks the SWR and I am quite capable of using them.

>From the responses it appears that it is just competition within crowded bands.

Thanks,

On 30 Dec 2020, at 23:27, John Morphet <jmorphet@...> wrote:

It is normal for the higher bands to go quiet and the lower bands to come
alive at night. Since 20m works well, but the lower bands do not, I would be
suspicious of how your antenna is tuned to the lower bands. Check the SWR of
the antenna at the lower bands. It could be something else, but kind of hard
to tell without being there. Maybe you can find a local ham to help you.

John, WØZI
www.w0zi.com