locked Re: Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

Jeff Stillinger

While I understand and accept the projects policy.   I have some thoughts worth pondering.

I would agree that it is not WSJT-X's responsibility to upload into QSL CONFIRMATION Services.  Such as LoTW, eQSL, Clublog, HamQTH, HRDLog, etc...   These are not log books, they are confirmation services.  Housing very limited QSO data.

I would have to disagree with the policy when it comes to online LOGBOOK Services.  Such as QRZ (US) and QRZCQ (EU).  These are full service log books online.   Housing much more information than just the QSO it self, and they are linked to external confirmation services.  In short, doing it online instead of locally.

It's worth looking into and discussing.

--
DE KB6IBB

On 12/31/20 7:27 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 31/12/2020 13:14, Ronnie Hull wrote:
Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Hi Ronnie,

WSJT-X cannot do this directly, and nor should it. The normal reason for uploading to QSL services is to track and acquire confirmations of QSOs for awards and certificates across all modes of operation, this is outside of the scope of WSJT-X and should be the responsibility of your main station logging application which should be capable of maintaining the extra administrative records necessary to carry out these tasks. If the QRZ.COM logbok is your main station log then it should be able to upload and track confirmations in LoTW, if it can't do that, which I suspect is the case, then it is not fit for purpose as your main station log.