locked Re: Hamlib error on ft991.

Bill Somerville

On 26/12/2020 19:15, Frank Mellott wrote:

Good affternoon
I have been running a Yaesu FTDX-1200 using flrig for cat contol with WSJT-X and JTAlert for a couple years.   I get the occasional hamlib error, but today i encountered something I wasted 2 hours on and it seems to have healed itself.  Your FT991A issues sound similar.

Yesterday I turned the computer off as normal.  Today I started it, started flrig, WSJTX, N3FJP call log and JT Alert and everything was good.  That lasted until I tried to transmit and immediately the "hamlib" error unable to communicate popped up.  I closed it down and restarted.  COM9 where the radio plugs into the computer seemed active..then it was not.   I double checked the power management and windows still showed set to never power down UBS ports.  I was stumped.   I restarted the computer and it would be good for a couple minutes, then my various back up drives would pop up like the USB cables were just plugged in.   That made me think something was amiss,  so I went back through power management and triple checked everything.
I prowled around the internet looking for ideas and came up dry. I was pretty irritated by this point so I shut everything down. Came back a couple hours later and everything seems fine.

I cannot find it, but I think something in windows is the culprit, unless it is some fault in the USB.

Not sure, but really sure it is not a WSJT-X or flrig or N3FJP issue.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
KB3PQT
Frank,

if you are using flrig to control you rig you will not get Hamlib errors in WSJT-X. Please tell us the exact error message, including details, you are getting from WSJT-X?