locked Re: Hamlib error on ft991.

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

I've experienced several ham applications that do not exit cleanly.  Some may not release a COM port, while others may not release CAT control.   I always stress to be sure and close the program correctly.  Thus use FILE and EXIT, CLOSE or QUIT depending on how it is defined.

I will say I have not had an incident with WSJT-X current release.   I've two different brands/models of radios which I use.

As to HRD, I've had issues with that application not making a proper or clean exit with one brand/model of radio.   That appears to be in the USB communications between the computer application and the radio.  Who is to blame?   Dang if I know.  Neither company wants to accept responsibility and says it is the other company's fault.   Translation:   They have my money and don't care.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 12/25/2020 8:33 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

Did the previous program release the COM port?    That may be the issue.  I'd shut everything down, restart the computer (do not shut down as it actually does a hibernation save of the current state) and see if it still happens.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 12/25/2020 5:33 PM, chrisdg4kvi@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Merry Christmas. I recently loaded MMSSTV to receive the ISS. I also used the RT systems to safe the memories. All seemed fine but now WSJT is reporting a Hamlib error. Tried everything (obviously not) so does anyone have any ideas? This has been working fine until today.