From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jan Kappert via groups.io
Sent: 23. joulukuuta 2020 0:31
To: WSJT-x Group <main@wsjtx.groups.io>
Subject: Fw: [WSJTX] WSJT-x v2.2.2 lookup issue

----- Doorgestuurd bericht -----

Van: "Jan Kappert" <pa0ply@...>

Verzonden: di, dec. 22, 2020 om 23:29

Onderwerp: RE: [WSJTX] WSJT-x v2.2.2 lookup issue

Hello Reino,

This evening I rechecked, what actually happens.

I put call and hit return => nothing happens

I add qra and hit return => sw shows dir and distance

I hit Lookup => sw tells me call is already in database do you want to replace?

In my opinion it will be more effective to have the sw recoqnize already at the call only, without the qra.

This makes much more sense in daily use.

(Sometimes it is quite troublesome to find qra).

Maybe good suggestion for next rc version update?

Br. Jan, PAoPLY

Op ma, dec. 21, 2020 om 20:05 schreef Reino Talarmo

Jan,

My main issue is that the call and qra needs to be in the call3.txt file before program can return qra. User needs to generate or provide that file by some means. There is no linkage from e.g. wsjtx_log.adi file. There is a short description in the last bullet of clause 10.3. Left in User Guide.

73, Reino