locked sticky Re: Mac M1 Memory Error

Bill Somerville

On 16/12/2020 18:33, Ken Hendrickson wrote:
Jim, you are amazing. You must monitor this group pretty closely.
Thank you for your quick response. I hope others who take the plunge and get a new M1 Mac will see this solution.
I have only one question. Is this something that needs to be fixed in wsjt-x or in Mac OS?
Thanks again for your quick response.
73, Ken / w6bzy
Hi Ken,

we do not know why the original /etc/sysctl.conf mechanism for setting kernel parameters on macOS startup doesn't work on M1 Macs. It still works on Bug Sur with Intel Macs. We are hoping it is a defect, or that a different way of doing it will be documented by Apple. For now you have to set the parameters manually and repeat after every reboot.

73
bill