locked sticky Re: Mac M1 Memory Error

Jim Bennett <w6jhb@...>

Ken - bring up a terminal session and run the following two commands. You will probably be asked for your password after entering the first one:

      sudo  sysctl  -w  kern.sysv.shmmax=104857600
      sudo  sysctl  -w  kern.sysv.shmall=25600

Then, to verify it worked, run this command in terminal:

       sysctl -a | grep sysv.shm

Those first two commands will get it working. However, until there is a permanent fix, you will need to re-do it after every re-boot of the OS.

73, Jim / W6JHB

On Dec 16, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Ken Hendrickson <Kensown@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
After 30 years without a mac - my last and only one was the Mac SE - I took the leap and bought the Mac M1 Mini.
I am proficient at running wsjt-x on Windows and Linux.
I cannot get Wsjt-x to even run. This is the error messages I get before it crashes.
I have run the apple diagnostic program and it found no errors.
Help would be appreciated.
Ken
w6bzy <Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.43.47 AM.png><Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 5.43.16 AM.png>