locked Re: Using WSJT-X with a TS 590 SG

Georgina Joyce <gena@...>

Hello,

Are you sure that your USB cable connection is comm3? I don't think I have seen a USB serial device allocated a 1 - 4 assignment. As these were for the traditional 25 / 9 pin serial ports. You need to be focused on the communication connections before dealing with the audio device. Unless the rig control error has been resolved. It will be a speed, data bits, stop bits or flow control error. Somewhere in that area of the dialog, the split control maybe?

Good luck,

Gena

On 11 Dec 2020, at 21:34, Jacques Pecourt <jmp426@...> wrote:

Yes I did John, Actually, the radio that is brand new had the 1.07 software level, the latest one The only thing I had to install was the Silicon lab files, the ones that create the codec links. On COM3 I now see Playback speaker USB Audio Codec and on Recording Microphone USB Audio Codec. These are the ones you suggested to rename.  Opening either of them with command run "mmsys.cpl "shows they are properly working with respectively levels of -18 dB and 0.00 dB.

Jacques  W2/F2ys

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 15:05, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:
Hi again, both seem indicative of the CAT control side not working, as CAT is what sends the frequency info between the PC & radio.

Um, you DID download the correct radio driver for the USB (from Kenwood) - BEFORE you hooked it up, right?  If you didn't, the PC may have the wrong or old driver installed.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020, 12:31 PM Jacques Pecourt <jmp426@...> wrote:
Thank you John for your quick reply.  I did not realize Hamlib was part of the program and there must be some particular reasons I get this error on Start.  The 2 codex work fine, even not renamed. Yes the SG has a very long menu list , 99 to be exacts.  I spent hours already choosing the values based on reading extensive details of what was important, so I feel pretty good about that.  What I am looking for is what would be the wrong parameters that lead to these 2 specifics errors.

Jacques   W2/F2YS

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 14:13, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:
Jacques,

Hamlib is part of the wsjt-x package, so it is there.

First double check your settings audio & make sure you have the correct "USB Codec" settings;  hint it works better for trouble shooting if you rename them to something like "usb Tx out" & "usb RX in"...

There are a number of RADIO MENU items (read your radio manual for the list of correct #'s !!!) that need to be set correctly. I ran a 590 - S (not SG); and its menu #'s are in the 30's... the SG is in the 60s!

Look at & match the baud rate - should be 115200 -, and the output source should be set to 'USB', NOT  ACC2!!!  There a a couple of levels too.

When you finally get it talking fully, look at your bandwidth (menu in 20s or 30s) & reset to 100hz to 3000hz) or you will miss a lot.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020, 11:55 AM Jacques Pecourt <jmp426@...> wrote:
I am trying to get this new combination working but running into 2 issues I am unable to resolve.
The first one is an error message while opening the application.  Rig Control error. Detail is:
“Hamlib error”. Communication timed out while opening the connection to rig.
I do not have Hamlib installed or ever used this software !
The second one is a solid RED line on the waterfall where I should be seeing the band mode I choose.   I see an active waterfall scrolling down with plenty of decodes. I have also noticed that the various adjustable parameters or selection at the bottom of the WF are frozen.
Obviously, a miscommunication somewhere. I am using 2 Codex in 1 USB cable to the desktop. Have read all papers relative to “How to set up the 590 SG” available online and changed from the default values menu to the recommended parameters. Still a persistent problem (beside this Hamlib error).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jacques   W2/F2YS

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259