locked Re: Station Identification

Ken Arck AH6LE

My understanding is that the ID requirements (at least in the US) are accomplished by simply transmitting your call within the digital format. (FT8, JT65, etc)

Sec. 97.119 Station identification.

(b) The call sign must be transmitted with an emission authorized for the transmitting channel in one of the following ways:

(1) By a CW emission. When keyed by an automatic device used only for identification, the speed must not exceed 20 words per minute;

(2) By a phone emission in the English language. Use of a phonetic alphabet as an aid for correct station identification is encouraged;

(3) By a RTTY emission using a specified digital code when all orpart of the communications are transmitted by a RTTY or data emission;

I believe #3 covers it

Ken

At 09:58 AM 11/29/2020, you wrote:
It may be different in other countries, but in the US, stations in the Amateur Radio Service are required to identify by transmitting their call signs every 10 minutes.

This seems to be at odds with the modes that take longer than 600 seconds to complete.

Is there some provision made in the software that I haven't discovered? Or are users of the longer modes just blowing off the identification requirement?

John
President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
https://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We we offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"
[]