locked Re: Callouts indicate a new one when it is not

Bill Somerville

Tony,

you can substitute the WSJT-X ADIF log file with one of your choice, but as I said, you will not necessarily get the same results as WSJT-X does not tale account of QSL confirmations. Why do you want two different decode highlighting options, If JTAlert is doing what you want then turn off the WSJT-X internal highlighting.

On 23/11/2020 11:27, N2TK, Tony via groups.io wrote:

Bill,
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to update the WSJT's log file with the
same ADIF file I used to update JTAlert?
N2TK, Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill
Somerville
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 7:24 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Callouts indicate a new one when it is not

On 23/11/2020 00:04, N2TK, Tony via groups.io wrote:
I am using both JTAlert and WSJT-X vers 2.2.2.
With JTAlert I have the following checked My call in message Wanted
DXCC Wanted CQ Zone.
No issues with JTAlert. I get the correct colors when DX called out.

With WSJT I have the following checked My call in Message New DXCC on
band New CQ Zone on band Transmitted Message

My issue is that I get lots of light purple (New DXCC on Band) for
stations I have confirmed on that band.

One other issue. I am running DXBase with DXBase Bridge. When I work a
call in WSJT it automatically logs in DXBase. Periodically, when I
update LOTW I load my adi file from DXBase into JTAlert. That is
probably why JTAlert alerts are fine. Do I need to do something like
that with WSJT or is that even possible? I know, I should update to
DXLab or something. Been too lazy to do that. Is there a way for WSJT
to track the calls and status loaded into JTAlert?

Tnx
N2TK, Tony
Hi Tony,

WSJT-X works only with its own ADIF log file. It has no knowledge or concept
of a confirmed QSO. It only deals in worked or not worked.
Because of that you should be seeing less highlighting on WSJT-X than with
other tools that require confirmation to clear a needed thing.
Although all methods should be ignoring a worked before call since if it has
not provided any confirmation then it is unlikely that working them again is
going to change that status.

If WSJT-X is highlighting a CQ decode as new DXCC on a band then you do not
have that DXCC worked on the current band in your WSJT-X ADIF log.
The only caveat is if you have the "Settings->Colors->Highlight by mode"
option checked, then you need to have worked a station in that DXCC Entity
on the current band, using the current mode, before that highlight is not
shown.