locked Re: Callouts indicate a new one when it is not

Bill Somerville

On 23/11/2020 00:04, N2TK, Tony via groups.io wrote:
I am using both JTAlert and WSJT-X vers 2.2.2.
With JTAlert I have the following checked
My call in message
Wanted DXCC
Wanted CQ Zone.
No issues with JTAlert. I get the correct colors when DX called out.

With WSJT I have the following checked
My call in Message
New DXCC on band
New CQ Zone on band
Transmitted Message

My issue is that I get lots of light purple (New DXCC on Band) for stations
I have confirmed on that band.

One other issue. I am running DXBase with DXBase Bridge. When I work a call
in WSJT it automatically logs in DXBase. Periodically, when I update LOTW I
load my adi file from DXBase into JTAlert. That is probably why JTAlert
alerts are fine. Do I need to do something like that with WSJT or is that
even possible? I know, I should update to DXLab or something. Been too lazy
to do that. Is there a way for WSJT to track the calls and status loaded
into JTAlert?

Tnx
N2TK, Tony
Hi Tony,

WSJT-X works only with its own ADIF log file. It has no knowledge or concept of a confirmed QSO. It only deals in worked or not worked. Because of that you should be seeing less highlighting on WSJT-X than with other tools that require confirmation to clear a needed thing. Although all methods should be ignoring a worked before call since if it has not provided any confirmation then it is unlikely that working them again is going to change that status.

If WSJT-X is highlighting a CQ decode as new DXCC on a band then you do not have that DXCC worked on the current band in your WSJT-X ADIF log. The only caveat is if you have the "Settings->Colors->Highlight by mode" option checked, then you need to have worked a station in that DXCC Entity on the current band, using the current mode, before that highlight is not shown.