moderated Re: Auto-sequence definately fouled up!

JP Tucson, AZ

Hi Roger,

no, I don't have an rfi issue, the mouse & kb have ferrites & the pc is grounded to the single point station ground.  I have also swept my for stray rf with a field strength meter - nothing at all, anywhere in the shack!

I am not sure how the mouse pad has or could have any effect, as it's 100% non conductive - it's silicone/gel.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 5:29 AM <groups@...> wrote:
On 22/11/2020 12:14, Bill Somerville wrote:
> On 22/11/2020 06:03, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
>> Again, the thing has lost its mind!
>>
>> It is all over the place!!!
>>
>> Sometimes, after a 73, it sends you back to an "R-xx" report,
>> sometimes as the attached shows, it sends you back to the CQ call
>> (TX1) that you just completed.
>>
>> And sometimes it now just stops, it didn't do anything...!  It had tx
>> enabled and should have went to CQ - TX6, instead it just hung up
>> (stayed in RX/monitor mode & kept rx) even though the red - enable tx
>> was on. I had to hit Halt TX (3 times!), then re-enable TX before it
>> would do anything.
>>
>> All cpu indications are clear, nowhere near limits on cpu or graphics,
>> can start other programs (like gmail) & all works fine w/wsjtx
>> running, until it loses its mind again a few cycles later.  I did a
>> full shut down, 5 min., then restart, with nothing else running, it
>> went crazy again after 3 cycles, that's when I snipped the image below.
>>
>> Completed N6RCS, then it went back to calling N5CRS again on CQ, even
>> though I selected K7KE
>> Had to manually reselect K7KE again, went thru & completed that QSO &
>> it did it again, not shown in this snip.
>>
>> It started off ok, but now its getting worse.
>
> John,
>
> referring to "the thing" and "it" in your description of an issue is
> most unhelpful, nor do I have the faintest idea what actions you took in
> the exchange you describe. For example, did you log the QSO, if so at
> what point? Did you double-click the 73 response from your QSO partner
> or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? Do
> you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? Do you
> have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"
> checked? Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73"
> checked?
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

John

I have one further suggestion.  Have you checked that your mouse or pad
is not subject to RFI?  I have a USB mouse that produces left clicks on
80m and top band.

73
Roger
GW4HZA