moderated Re: Auto-sequence definately fouled up!

JP Tucson, AZ

Hi again Bill,

Forgot to mention that when I just re-looked at the snip I sent you;

...that I noticed that on the RRR TX-R *ALSO*  had an "a3" attached to it as I do have 'Enable AP' turned on.  Don't know if that could throw a monkey wrench into the works...

By the way, just worked Reunion island!  Furthest point on Earth from me - on land - that I can go.  Woo-hoo!

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 5:14 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 22/11/2020 06:03, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
> Again, the thing has lost its mind!
>
> It is all over the place!!!
>
> Sometimes, after a 73, it sends you back to an "R-xx" report,
> sometimes as the attached shows, it sends you back to the CQ call
> (TX1) that you just completed.
>
> And sometimes it now just stops, it didn't do anything...!  It had tx
> enabled and should have went to CQ - TX6, instead it just hung up
> (stayed in RX/monitor mode & kept rx) even though the red - enable tx
> was on. I had to hit Halt TX (3 times!), then re-enable TX before it
> would do anything.
>
> All cpu indications are clear, nowhere near limits on cpu or graphics,
> can start other programs (like gmail) & all works fine w/wsjtx
> running, until it loses its mind again a few cycles later.  I did a
> full shut down, 5 min., then restart, with nothing else running, it
> went crazy again after 3 cycles, that's when I snipped the image below.
>
> Completed N6RCS, then it went back to calling N5CRS again on CQ, even
> though I selected K7KE
> Had to manually reselect K7KE again, went thru & completed that QSO &
> it did it again, not shown in this snip.
>
> It started off ok, but now its getting worse.

John,

referring to "the thing" and "it" in your description of an issue is
most unhelpful, nor do I have the faintest idea what actions you took in
the exchange you describe. For example, did you log the QSO, if so at
what point? Did you double-click the 73 response from your QSO partner
or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? Do
you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? Do you
have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"
checked? Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73"
checked?