locked Re: 2.3.0 rc2 Unexpected behavior

JP Tucson, AZ

Hi Tony,

The only problem with your theory is that it (wsjtx) calls on you respond & log as it starts sending out the RR73 (TX4) message.

What you are suggesting can only be done manually, and this discussion is about the AUTO-sequencer not operating quite right.

Personally, I think the issue comes down to 2 different & apparently incompatible philosophies about the RRR vs. RR73  response & the logic bug it creates; both in software & practice. Perhaps the best choice is for wsjtx to pick one & offer only that  one choice.

Since I see about 90-95% of users use RR73... I think we should go with that.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020, 9:07 AM Tony Collett via groups.io <tony.nbs=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think Reino explanation is correct but not worded so that you understood?

The program only sent CQ because you had logged the QSO and cleared the fields.
If you had waited and not logged the QSO until after you saw his 73 message it would have behaved as you expected.

Perhaps there is a difference in behaviour in how it works with RRR or RR73 endings but so few now use RRR sequence that I can't be sure!

73
Tony G4NBS