locked Re: new computer, CAT doesn't work right

Bill Somerville

Jon,

when you have the virtual COM port drivers installed and the rig plugged in you will have two COM ports visible in the Windows Device Manager, the second port (Enhanced) is the one that is used for CAT control, that is the one that needs to be selected in "Settings->Radio->Cat->Serial Port".

If you have Hardware handshaking enabled then you must also have the rig menu item 33 (CAT RTS) set to ENABLE.

On 03/11/2020 02:25, Jon Ermels via groups.io wrote:
SRI ABOUT MY TYPING, TRYING TO HURRY, ANSWERS BELOW

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Monday, November 2, 2020, 07:18:45 PM CST, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Hi Jon,

have you installed the virtual COM port drivers for the rig on your PC? YES, COPIED FROM THE YAESU WEB SITE

Do you have the right COM port selected for CAT (you need the extended COM port)? YES, COMPORT, RADIO AND WSJTX ARE SAME

As you have Hardware handshaking enabled, do you have RTS enabled in the rig's menu? NOTHING IS BUT WHAT PORT?

On 03/11/2020 01:12, Jon Ermels via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill, FT-991A, USB on radio to USB on computer, same as old computer. what baffles me is it turns on the radio and decodes and then says the CAT doesn't work.
Com poer at the
codex port says,
Baud 38400 same as radio,
8 data bits,
1 stop bit,
HDW hand shake

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Monday, November 2, 2020, 07:01:18 PM CST, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 03/11/2020 00:45, Jon Ermels via groups.io wrote:
>  old computer worked on same radio, new computer, used it for WSJTX
> before with different radio, CODEX ok, WXJTW version 2.2.2, I get rig
> failure message, hamlib error IO error while testing VFO, cat test in
> settings stays red, it decodes whatever freq the radio is set to but
> says it's on 160M, stills start the radio when WSJTX starts up.

Hi Jon,

which radio? How is it connected to your PC for CAT control? What
settings do you have in "Settings->Radio"
com port 6, as the Port says, ?