Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- Unable to decode FST4W-300 locally on 40m and 30m
Unable to decode FST4W-300 locally on 40m and 30m
Kenji Rikitake JJ1BDX
- Transmitter: Yaesu FT-891 output 5W with SCU-17 and WSJT-X 2.3.0-rc1 on Ubuntu 20.04 with a mobile whip
- Receiver: Airspy HF+ Dual Port + gqrx 2.11 and WSJT-X 2.3.0-rc1 on macOS 10.14.6 with a YouLoop magnetic loop antenna
- The distance between TX and RX was about 10 meters
Result of FST4W-300:
- On 3.5688MHz + 1536Hz: OK
- On 7.0388MHz + 1536Hz: undecodable
- On 10.1389MHz + 1536Hz: undecodable
Any thoughts on why the signals of 40m and 30m were not decodable? Frequency drift of FT-891?
73 de Kenji Rikitake, JJ1BDX
Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.