locked Re: CFOM mode on higher EMEfrequencies with K3S

Bill Somerville

Hi Joe,

thanks for that. In which case selecting "Settings->Radio->Split Operating->Fake It" should allow EME Doppler tracking to work with the K3/K3S rigs.

On 24/10/2020 23:41, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Bill,

The K3/K3S specifically disallows the DT, FR and FT commands while in
transmit.  From the release notes for firmware version 5.56:
 > * DT, FR, and FT HOST COMMANDS DISALLOWED IN TX MODE: Previously,
these commands could be sent to the K3 during transmit from some
software applications. This could cause side effects such as muting
of transmit audio in DATA modes.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-10-24 9:12 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 24/10/2020 13:29, Jan Kappert wrote:
Hi Bill,
I guess so, the setup is not with me, but at my friends to prepare for 24Ghz.
During rx he reads 10.368.020, which is 020kHz on 3cm band.
And during the rx period the doppler is changing the last figures, which should be the case for tx as well.

Br. Jan, PAoPLY

Hi Jan,

the first thing to check, and any K3 or K3S user can do this, is if the basic CAT capability needed works. A simple test using a regular FT8 setup for HF can be used. Ensure "Settings->General->Allow Tx frequency changes while transmitting" is checked and that "Settings->Radio->Split Operating->Rig" is checked. Then with the "Pwr" slider reduced to minimum click "Tune" to go to Tx and then Ctrl+click on the waterfall more than 500 Hz away from the current Tx offset (red goal post marker) while observing the rig. The Tx VFO (VFOB) should change. Click "Tune" again to revert to Rx mode.