locked Re: Why no auto updating of logs?

neil_zampella

Because that is not the purpose of WSJT-X.  It provides a rudimentary text log file, but third-party log programs, and software bridges do a much better job than trying to add all sorts of extraneous functions to what is basically a digital communication program.

Such a logging app is DXKeeper, part of the DXLab suite of software.  You don't have to install them all, but DXKeeper provides a lot of functionality along with the capability to automatically upload to many online log systems, as well as LoTW.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 10/22/2020 8:46 AM, Pete Ritter via groups.io wrote:
Why does wsjt-x not include automatic logging to LoTW, QRZ, etc?  I suppose the answer is "because there are other apps that do that so why expend the effort?".  That's a reasonable answer but the other apps can be tricky to configure, have large footprints, and have features that many of us would never use.  It couldn't be difficult for wsjt-x developers to include support for at least the LoTW APIs.

I don't expect it to happen and as I said I believe that's reasonable. So what is the best option for a simple, low-frills logging app that plays nicely with wsjt-x?