Re: TS-890 and Windows 10

Bill Somerville

Hi Steven,

the same features are available on Windows 10 but you have to dig a bit deeper into the audio settings to find them. Look for the "Audio Control Panel" link at the bottom of the sounds settings window.

On 18/10/2020 01:42, Steven Rutledge wrote:
Bill, I looked at your recipe.  I'm running 2.2.2.  I don't see the same thing in your visual in my system.  I'm running Windows 10.  When this first occurred. I went to sound settings and playback device was my speakers.  I switched it to USB Codec and I started getting audio out again.  My radio always keys.  Then I stopped using the program.  Later I attempted to use it again and the same thing going on.  However, when I open sounds, USB Codec shows up so that obviously isn't the issue.  This all happens without me doing anything but reading email.  Is there a Windows 10 tutorial anywhere for someone who isn't familiar with the intricacies of 10?  When I first loaded the program on this new computer and set it up, all was good except for the lock-up described earlier.  Then this started happening without me touching anything in the settings.  I guess I'm not the only one who suffers with 10?

Steve, QQ

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 09:05 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 17/10/2020 16:54, Steven Rutledge wrote:
Upgraded to Windows 10 a week or so ago.  First glitch, receive locks up.  Haven't solved that.  Appears to be a one-off among users.

Today, having touched nothing, enabled F/H to try and work HV0A, radio keys, no tones.  USB Codec enabled in settings, tried without the F/H option, no tones.  I haven't done a thing to my computer or my radio.

I don't know where to start.

Steve, N4JQQ

Hi Steve,

more information needed:

  • WSJT-X versionin use?
  • "Settings->PTT Method" options selected?
  • Does the rig switch to Tx mode when you transmit?
  • Have you checked the Tx audio level settings (see post below for a recipe to follow)?

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topic/setting_windows_wsjt_x_tx/75435187?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,75435187