Re: Is it possible/acceptable to use EU VHF Contest mode for other contests?

Sam Birnbaum

Hi Bill and Ed,

During my testing for the visually impaired, I never focused on the spin edit box which indeed starts up with a value of one (1). However, the 4 digit sequence number following the signal report was always based on the number of records in the contest log which I did not clear between contests as I tested them. In any event in my haste in answering Ed, I was remis in mentioning the leading 2 digit signal report that is derived from the SNR value.

Here is the translation that I use in QLog to translate the SNR to RST, of course it only used the leading 2 digits

  -999..-19 ->   Result := 529;
    -18..-13 ->   Result := 539;
    -12..-07 ->   Result := 549;
    -06..-01 ->   Result := 559;
          0..5  ->   Result := 569;
        6..11  ->   Result := 579;
       12..17 ->   Result := 589;
           >17 ->   Result := 599;
That seems to work as it corresponds to what WSJT-X sends out.

73,

Sam W2JDB