Is it possible/acceptable to use EU VHF Contest mode for other contests?

Ed Durrant

I see that the EU VHF Contest mode in WSJTx has two very interesting differences to normal operation,
1. the ability to send and receive a serial number and
2. the conversion from dB values into RST.

I'm not interested in the second, but am in the first.

Does WSJTx maintain a contact sequence number for every contact and increment it automatically?

I can't seem to find where this happens - perhaps it's automatic and I don't have to worry about it?

Also, I would be interested to know where in WSJTx the control of what is taken from the Adif log to create the Cabrillo one is defined as I see in the Adi file fields that are not transferred to the Cabrillo file which I require.

73  Ed DD5LP.