locked Re: Waterfall active but no decodes

DAVID GRIFFITHS

Hi Bill
Since my earlier post I have replaced my audio lead with a new one with a mono jack plug either end going from the transceiver ext. speaker socket to my computer. I now find I have no decodes at all by which I mean I was getting a text indicating whether I was transmitting or receiving. But now I am not even getting that. I did notice that whilst doing a monitor I was looking at the radio tab on the settings menu and noticed that whilst transmitting the Test CAT button was showing green and the Test PTT button was showing red. Then when receiving the red PTT button turned off but the green CAT button was still showing green. The transceiver is receiving and transmitting according to the commands of the computer. I really am at a loss as to what I should try next. Any thoughts?
Kind regards
David Griffiths

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...>
Sent: 03 September 2020 17:39
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Waterfall active but no decodes #WSPR

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: fix typo]

David,

did you check the rig menu options I mentioned? Without those you could be on the wrong frequency or sideband while your rig's VFO shows the expected frequency.

How is your rig connected to your PC for audio and CAT?

Bill
G4WJS.

On 03/09/2020 17:36, DAVID GRIFFITHS wrote:

Hi Bill
I have run another test paying particular attention to the points you raise. I can also confirm that the computer is changing the radio's frequencies to exactly the right value. But still no decodes. Again, the receiving data is shown on the screen but not the transmitted data. I sat by the rig whilst it went through the sequence. What should I try next?
Kind regards
David Griffiths

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...>
Sent: 03 September 2020 14:44
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Waterfall active but no decodes #WSPR

On 03/09/2020 14:16, DAVID GRIFFITHS wrote:

Although I had posted much of the following before I have some more information so I am posting as a new post.

Now that I have downloaded V2.1.2 I am able to band hop which I couldn't do before. I ran WSJTx this afternoon for a couple of hours. I noticed that most of the activity was receiving (44) with only 7 transmits. Is this normal? With one exception there were no decodes.

I am using an FT450 and Windows 10. The serial port is COM 3 and the computer and radio "talk" to one another OK. The blue decode button lights up blue from time to time and I enabled the TX button. I have ticked "prefer type1 messages" and "no own call decodes".

The audio settings are Realtek high definition audio both input and output. I have checked the clock sync  which is spot on to the second. I am puzzled as to why there was only one decode on 40 meters. 

I had set up the schedule for 80,40,20,15 and 10 metres each for Sunrise grey line, Day, Sunset grey line and night.

I have since tried again without band hopping just on 80 metres. Although the waterfall is active I still get no decodes. Interestingly, although the set up was both receiving and transmitting, only the transmissions were shown on the screen, without decodes.
Having looked at other post on the subject I had previously installed V2.2.2 which I had removed to replace with V 2.1.2 to enable band hopping. I don't know if this is relevant but I thought I should mention it. I would be most grateful for any help.
Kind regards
David Griffiths G4PKV

Hi David,

the ratio of transmissions to receptions is set by the "Tx Pct" spin box, note that on scheduled bands with band hopping the exact ratio may not be what you specify.

Is your rig on frequency and on the right sideband? In the rig menu, assuming you are using DATA mode, you need "D DISP (DATA DISP)" as zero, and "D TYPE (DATA MODE)" as USER-U.

Bill
G4WJS.

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.