locked Re: TS2000 and signal link problem

Georgina Joyce <gena@...>

Hello,

This is most helpful and appreciated. I had set the default sounds before FT8 had been attempted. I don't know if an update or something has undone  my settings. As I have been leaving it for Sam to set up via team viewer I have not needed speech. Just to read team viewer password then I unload it. It is something I know needs addressing. The laptop is purely for FT8 so I don't use it any other time. While Sam is working on audio I don't want to go messing about with any settings.

My concern is to know where audio from the radio can be found. Especially, as I could get the faulty parts replaced, should that be my problem. So the quicker I can confirm that these new parts are all right the quicker I will get using FT8. I really appreciate you translating the diagrams for me. Please could you tell me what does N / C mean?

Thank you.

On 7 Sep 2020, at 00:56, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Combining responses to two of your posts ....

Having never seen such board markings, I know symbols are used but would a non experienced sighted person be able to describe letters
to me like RX or are they symbols?
According to the picture of the circuit board in the Signalink Win 10
manual (Figure 14, page 11) the pin legends are etched on the top of
the circuit board (1-8, SPK, MIC, PTT, G, G, G) in such a way that a
non-technical sighted person should be able to help you.

I hoped I would know how to check the RJ45 side. could someone tell
me how Tigertronics instruct the jumpers without the module for the
TS 2000?
Tigertonics' web page shows these jumpers for TS-2000:

1 - SPKR (1-16)
2 - MIC  (2-15)
3 - PTT  (3-14)
4   n/c
5   n/c
6 - G    (6-11)
7 - G    (7-10)
8 - G    (8- 9)

(all jumpers are "straight across")

I do not know (can't find) a schematic for the cable but I would
presume the following:

 RJ-45  DIN13
   1      3
   2     11
   3      9
   4     n/c
   5     n/c
   6      4   | Note: RJ-45 6, 7, 8 and DIN13 4, 8, 12 are all ground
   7      8   | the specific connections are non specific as long as
   8     12   | each ground pin on the RJ-45 is connected to a separate
              | ground pin on the DIN13.

Being a screen reader user as soon as I plug the SL USB's cable into
the laptop, my screen reader uses the SL and I cannot get any screen
reader to stop using the SL as it's sound card.

This is an indication that you have not configured Windows 10 as
specified in the Signalink Windows 10 Manual (page 6).  You *MUST*
configure Windows 10 so that the "Default Device" for audio playback
is the soundcard in your computer and the "Default Device" for
audio recording is the sound card in your computer *NOT* the Signalnk.

You only configure WSJTX to use Signalink (typically microphone - USB
Audio CODEC) for Input and (typically Speaker - USB Audio CODEC
*BOTH*) for Output.  WSJTX -> File -> Settings -> Audio

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-09-06 5:40 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Joe,
That's great. However, I hoped I would know how to check the RJ45 side. could someone tell me how Tigertronics instruct the jumpers without the module for the TS 2000? Then if there is a reading that way I can then check the module does indeed link as it should.
I see it is very tactile underneath and might be easier to test. Providing I reverse the order would that be sensible?
Having never seen such board markings, I know symbols are used but would a non experienced sighted person be able to describe letters to me like RX or are they symbols?
I much appreciated your description.
Thank you.
On 6 Sep 2020, at 18:44, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

According to the original Signalink Manual (before the "modules")
the 16 pin "socket" pins are as followed (numbered according to
convention for a DIP socket)

1  - RJ45 pin 1
2  - RJ45 pin 2
3  - RJ45 pin 3
4  - RJ45 pin 4
5  - RJ45 pin 5
6  - RJ45 pin 6
7  - RJ45 pin 7
8  - RJ45 pin 8
9  - ground (common)
10 - ground (common)
11 - ground (common)
12 - no contact
13 - no contact
14 - PTT
15 - MIC (TX audio)
16 - SPK (RX audio)

With the front of the Signalink to your left, pins 9 - 16 will
be on the left side of the socket (numbered top to bottom).  If
you have sighted help the pin functions are identified on the
circuit board.

Note transmit audio level is approximately 100 mV RMS (maximum)
for connection to a Kenwood ACC2 input.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-09-05 5:40 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,
Tigertronics do indeed sell a plug n play module which I purchased knowing that I would have problems attaching small bits of wire. I have had 2 sighted people check that it is in the right way around and seated properly.
Thanks,
On 5 Sep 2020, at 22:08, d_ziolkowski <dan.ziolkowski@...> wrote:

Sam-

have the jumpers inside the signalink been set up for the TS2000?

You need to do that or you can buy a plug in module for that rig.

This properly routes the audio from and to the radio.

Dan KC2STA

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:32 PM Sam Birnbaum via groups.io <http://groups.io/> <w2jdb@... <mailto:aol.com@groups.io>> wrote:
Hi Bill,

Well, tried it all. No audio coming through the signallink.

Could be a problem with the signallink, which se is sending back to where she purchased it for  a check,
or worse, they might be a problem with the TS2000 which she purchased used.

Thanks you all for your help in this matter.

73,

Sam W2JDB