locked Re: Suspect RFI into computer

Joe Burnham <wd4kav@...>

Not sure what you mean by “rf filters”, but I had a similar problem here with my 7300 and PC, connected by a single USB cable.

I bought some clamp on toroids and put one at the end of the cable before it connects to the port on the computer. I also looped the power cable to the pc through a larger toroid up close to where the power cord plugs into the PC.

This fix solved my problems, and I can run 50-60 watts output to my vertical which is about 25 feet away. OH, make sure your rig and tuner are grounded too.

73, Joe