locked Re: Subprocess error

rturpen@...

I ran into this problem on mac, got around it by adding an empty bash script into the .app package.

in wsjtx.app , show contents, create new file in Contents/MacOS named user_hardware, chmod +x so it can execute. contents of new file on next line

#!/usr/bin/env bash

wsjtx will then execute it and get back a good return value, allowing the app to continue. for windows it would be a bat file doing nothing, on linux same as mac os, file locations differ on those platforms, haven’t had a chance to try it on those yet.

73
N0SSL

On Aug 31, 2020, at 12:18 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 31/08/2020 16:38, DAVID GRIFFITHS wrote:
I have finally got my transceiver and computer talking to one another and WSJTX seemed to be working alright. However, I got a number of errors.
" Running C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\user hardware 10 ( also 15,20 and 40).Process failed to start:The system cannot find the file specified."
What does this mean and how do I correct it?
Kind regards
David Griffiths G4PKV
Hi David,

there is a known defect in WSJT-X v2.2.2 with WSPR band hopping mode. If you need band hopping mode then I recommend you use WSJT-X v2.1.2.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/files/wsjtx-2.1.2/