locked Re: I hate Windows updates..reduced audio output to rig.

Russ Ravella

Also people with no computer experience or skills who don’t have anyone to help them. My mother-in-law goes NUTS when microsoft things happen to her and she HAS several people to help her. I’ve often wondered how she’d fare if she didn’t.

73,
Russ KR6W

On Aug 23, 2020, at 6:09 PM, Jim Shorney <jshorney@...> wrote:

One only has to search the internet and read some of the many tech blogs and web sites that chronicle the horror stories of Windows updates. You think hams have it bad? Imagine the impact on people in the broadcast or music business.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 15:05:36 -0700
"Russ Ravella via groups.io" <rus5@...> wrote:

Yeah, I’ve got to throw in with John here too. I’ve actually never had the windows update -> port screw-up issue myself but it’s been reported by endless people, time and time again, from everywhere and on every forum. Obviously it’s very real. And the idea that just because YOU haven’t happen to have had it yet somehow means you’re simply better than everybody else, as John says, is just plain utter nonsense. Ignorance actually. And it’s also demeaning and condescending to those who have. That kind of thing just diminishes the whole hobby.