locked Time Sync Software

Dave KD2SGM

Started a new post because I couldn’t find the answer in the archives.

I’m running Dimension 4 on a Dell i7, Win10 Pro. I’ve started to use Time.is to check my clock accuracy after each sync. What I’m finding is that most of the time it’s off, sometimes by as much as a couple seconds. Knowing this, I now keep hitting the “sync now” button in D4 until the correction is acceptable - near zero for at least two syncs in a row. I have gone from letting D4 choose the server to using nist servers, to using military servers, and also the MIT server, all with the same results. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening and what to do about it? I’m considering moving over to Meinberg hoping I won’t have the same problem.

Thanks,
Dave KD2SGM