locked Re: Duty cycle question

Joe WB9SBD

How narrow is a dead carrier? a LOT smaller than 50 hz, so how long can your rig like a CW Key be pressed down and held?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 8/13/2020 2:14 PM, d_ziolkowski wrote:
Hello all=

We have all been educated that due to the high duty cycle of FT8, it is wise to not run full power of you rig to avoid burning up the finals.

My question relates to the effect of the transmitted bandwidth, which in FT8 is 50HZ, has on the actual power loading of the finals.

Since when transmitting a 50Hz signal via a transmitter capable of about 2Khz or so, would this , in effect , very lightly load the finals, even at full power?

Thanks

Dan KC2STA