locked Re: Two computers on one database

Derek Brown

Hi

I am using HRD and share the same database over 5 PC's connected to my network, ok it works for HRD and follows some information by Chris Fredericks VK2BYL for Contest Station Logbook Configuration, using either the standard MS SQL Database or as I have done added Maria db and I use that. WSJT logs to the PC in use for that band (or group of bands, defined by the radio it is connected to, HF 7610, VHF/UHF 9700, 4m IC756, etc) and then within a second or two the same result appears on the logbooks of the other PC's connected the other radios.

Not sure how it could be configured for other log programs, but it might be worth a look to see how Chris configured it and go from there.

73 Derek G8ECI

On Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 05:11:13 BST, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

You could, IF... it has enough cpu & memory to  do both wsjt-x & nas.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 8:09 PM John <k4ag@...> wrote:
Tnx John, that sounds like it might work but couldn't I set up one of the computers or it'one of it's drives as a NAS?

John

On 8/3/2020 10:34 PM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hi John,

What about using a Pi 4 (4GB) setup as a NAS with a SSD & both computers using it as the master file holder.

73 - John - N7GHZ