locked Re: Change log directory?

Ken Arck AH6LE

Well sure, symbolic links are an option. I was just wondering if the directory wasn't hard coded or not.

Ok thanks

Ken

At 12:20 PM 7/30/2020, you wrote:

Hi Ken,

OK, well the installation directory is off limits really as putting stuff there interferes with the uninstaller.

If you are OK with the files actually being in the "right" place, i.e. %LocalAppData%, then I recommend creating a directory junction to make that directory ("%LocalAppData%\WSJT-X") also appear where you want them.

See the 'mklink /J link target` command for how to do that.

On 30/07/2020 20:08, Ken Arck wrote:

Because I have never been a fan of storing stuff in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\blah blah directory and MUCH prefer to store things in a sub-directory of the installation directory....(easier to find too, IMHO)

Ken

At 12:04 PM 7/30/2020, you wrote:

Hi Ken,

there are a couple of options. Why do you want to change the WSJT-X log files directory?

On 30/07/2020 20:01, Ken Arck wrote:

Windoze.....

At 11:55 AM 7/30/2020, you wrote:

On 30/07/2020 19:52, Ken Arck wrote:
Subject says it all

Ken
Hi Ken,

not really. Which platform?

President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
https://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We we offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"
[]