locked Re: Icom 7600 Setup Help For WSJT-X

Derek Brown

David,

You will need to download the latest USB driver for the IC-7600, from this web site https://www.icomjapan.com/support/firmware_driver/2417/

Also down load the USB driver installation guide and follow the instructions, load the USB driver into the PC, before connecting to the radio, then connect to the radio via the USB B port on the back  of the rig, you will need to find what Com Port the USB has allocated to the connection and just configure the WSJT-X as normal.  Although I do not have a 7600, my 7610 and 9700 connect very easily and without any problems, but I do use mine via my HRD logging program, which acts as a server to WSJT-X, and works seemlessly.

Hope you get it working, you may need to configure USB-DATA modes in he radio etc, thats beyond this scope.

73 Derek G8ECI

On Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 07:28:32 BST, David Simms, N4IW <davidsimms1@...> wrote:

I am trying to help a good friend of mine get his Icom 7600 set up to run FT8 on WSJT-X - nothing fancy just WSJT-X.  He is wanting to use a USB cable between the radio and the computer.  I am very successfully running WSJT-X on my Flex 6400 with all the DXLabs and JTAlert bells and whistles but know nothing about Icom Radios, plus we are doing this over Facetime so it is a challenge to say the least.  Would anyone be willing to share with me the various settings required in WSJT-X on the Radio Tab for the 7600 or a similar Icon Radio and any settings required on the Icom?   Thanks in advance for your help!
--
Thanks and 73,
David, N4IW