Internet searches for the purpose of each one came up with nothing.
Would you please explain why those controls are there?
73 jerry km3k

On 07/22/2020 9:30 PM Jerome Sodus <jsodus@...> wrote:

Ok. I'll note my manual accordingly. Tnx.
73 jerry km3k

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...>
Date: 7/22/20 21:23 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #WSPR

Hi Jerry,

the "red flag" I refer to is that the FT-920 has default factory settings that are not sensible for AFSK data mode operation. I believe the FT-950 has more sensible default options (MENU 054 = 0Hz, 055 = 1000 Hz), although 055 = 1500 Hz might be better for WSJT-X HF digital modes.

On 23/07/2020 01:59, Jerome Sodus wrote:
Bill,
Is what you say about Yaesu applicable to the FT-950 also? If so, I have a problem then because I do not understand the sentence "There is a red flag.....". Any idea where I can get educated to know what to adjust on my 950?