locked Re: #bug #macos #hamlib #wsjtx #thank #IssueReport

Bill Somerville

Hi Miloš,

so I can see what is going wrong, can you run the following command from a CMD prompt after shutting down WSJT-X talking to your HS1 rig:
C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\rigctl-wsjtx -m 1022 -r COMn -s 38400 -C retry=5 -C timeout=3000 -vvvvv -Z f F 14074000 f 1>%HomeDrive%%HomePath%\Documents\hamlib.log 2>&1
Please substitute your HS1 rig's virtual serial port device for COMn and CAT baud rate for 38400. If you have installed WSJT-X v2.2.2 in a non-default location then substitute the correct file path to the rigctl-wsjtx.exe utility.

It will create a file hamlib.log in your Documents folder, please send that to me g4wjs <at> classdesign <dot> com .

On 06/07/2020 09:49, Miloš Soukup wrote:
Hi Bill,

It is my file.

Thx & 73 de Miloš, OK1FMY

Hi Miloš,

as far as I can see that settings file should have made the FT-857 Hamlib rig model behave as the FT-817 rig model did in previous versions. Can you send the file as you created it as an attachment so I can check the contents please?

On 06/07/2020 09:07, Miloš Soukup wrote:
Hi Bill,

I stored the json file to:
C:\Users\Miloš\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
and it did not help.

I can use my HS1 with 2.1.2 and my FT-817 with 2.2.2.
I can do with it.

Tnx and 73! de Miloš, OK1FMY

Hi Miloš,

unfortunate coincidences when things are not working are all too common, sorry you had a triple hit!

The mcHf and similar rigs will occasionally work with the Yaesu FT-857 model, it is a timing issue that is resolved in the FT-817 Hamlib model by extra retries, but because of a Hamlib breakage that model is not available to you until the next release. Please try creating a file in the WSJT-X log files directory called hamlib_settings.json with the following contents:
{
    "config": {
    "retry": "5",
    "timeout": "3000"
    }
}
and see if that helps when using the Yaesu FT-857 model with your Ailunce HS1 rig.