locked Re: Error message

Tom Melvin

to use the file to get WSJT-X status information (something we no longer recommend),

Bill

Just a little question, I have not seen any comments about the status file before - is there an alternative?.
It is used by PSTRotator to get the locator to allow automatic control of antenna.

Regards

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 5 Jul 2020, at 10:42, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 05/07/2020 03:04, Jim SIMON wrote:

I just got started with WSJT-x 2 weeks ago, and am enjoying it immensely. However, a week or so ago (after downloading the newest version, probably a coincidence) I started getting an error message (see below), usually after WSJT-x has been running for a little while. It occurs each time I click to call a station, change bands, etc. Usually I have to click on the error message twice before the program will proceed further.

Any idea what might be causing the problem? I am not a techie, so it’s quite possible I’m missing something obvious.

Hi Jim,

some other application is either deleting the file, or maybe locking it. Unless it is another Amateur Radio application trying to use the file to get WSJT-X status information (something we no longer recommend), or your AV product is interfering. For the latter try whitelisting the directory that is specified to stop your AV product from trying to scan files there.