locked Re: Rig Control Failure FD Mode with N3FJP and JTAlert

Michael WA7SKG

If all I was doing is running FT8, this would be fine. However, most of the time I will be running phone, with WSJT-X and fldigi not running and doing all my logging directly through N3FJP. I want to start N3FJP and leave it running all the time, then start WSJT-X or fldigi as needed to use the digital modes. Then I would stop WSJT-X or fldigi and return to phone. I would like to minimize the transition time between modes and not have to shut everything down and restart the whole works with different sequences between modes.

Michael WA7SKG

neil_zampella wrote on 6/21/20 5:59 PM:

Yes .. Hamlib is built into the WSJT-X executable.    Try starting WSJT-X, JT-Alert, then N3FJP.  I suggest that the reason you're getting the error is that N3FJP is setup to control the rig, if you could turn that off, and let WSJT-X control the rig, you'll be fine.
Neil, KN3ILZ
On 6/21/2020 8:07 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
Additionally, if I go to configurations, all settings are correct, when I hit TEST CAT, the rig changes to 28.335.19 and a box pops up saying "Rig Failure Hamlib error:Command rejected by the rig while exchanging VFOs." Subsequent tests fail for frequency change and mode change.

I guess hamlib must be built into WSJT-X and I don't use it otherwise.

Michael WA7SKG

Michael WA7SKG wrote on 6/21/20 4:45 PM:
Getting ready for Field Day. I have the latest versions of WSJT-X
(2.2.1), JTAlert (2.16.8), and N3FJP Field Day Log (6.3).

My understanding is to start N3FJP > WSJT-X > JTAlert in that order. I have followed the various tutorials and instructions for setting these up. When I start WSJT-X, I get a "Rig Control Error" box asking to set up the rig parameters (IC-7300). These are all correct. Running WSJT-X by itself is no problem. Only when N3FJP is running do I have an issue.

I am obviously missing something. Any suggestions as to what?