locked Re: Rig Control Failure FD Mode with N3FJP and JTAlert

Michael WA7SKG

Additionally, if I go to configurations, all settings are correct, when I hit TEST CAT, the rig changes to 28.335.19 and a box pops up saying "Rig Failure Hamlib error:Command rejected by the rig while exchanging VFOs." Subsequent tests fail for frequency change and mode change.

I guess hamlib must be built into WSJT-X and I don't use it otherwise.

Michael WA7SKG

Michael WA7SKG wrote on 6/21/20 4:45 PM:

Getting ready for Field Day. I have the latest versions of WSJT-X
(2.2.1), JTAlert (2.16.8), and N3FJP Field Day Log (6.3).
My understanding is to start N3FJP > WSJT-X > JTAlert in that order. I have followed the various tutorials and instructions for setting these up. When I start WSJT-X, I get a "Rig Control Error" box asking to set up the rig parameters (IC-7300). These are all correct. Running WSJT-X by itself is no problem. Only when N3FJP is running do I have an issue.
I am obviously missing something. Any suggestions as to what?