locked Re: Replying to CQ, etc.

careyfisher@...

Wow, you sure have a lot of pet peeves! Do you have a list of rules people should use when contacting you?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...> wrote:
Group,

1- It irritates me when someone answers WITHOUT their Grid. So, I then
     have to look it up before I log them. Otherwise, the WSJT notification
     is defeated that is intended to show a "New Grid". (Yes, I know that
     the complex Calls don't show Grids now due to length, etc.)

2 - Another pet peeve is when someone calls while also calling another
     Station(s) at the same time. They hop back and forth between us and
     it gets chaotic seeing my Call, their Call, some other Calls, etc. until
     we finally complete OUR QSO, if at all, minutes later.

3 - Last pet peeve (for now) is having my CQ answered by a Station on
     "my" frequency and having them STAY there and start their own CQ.
    (Yes, I know we're on opposite time slots, but it just seems very rude.)
    Meanwhile, there might be someone trying to call ME on that time slot
    and will have to fight it out with the group of us!! (Spread out, please.)

BTW... Happy Fathers' Day to all you OM's.

73,  Bob  K8BL

On Sunday, June 21, 2020, 08:16:33 AM EDT, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 21/06/2020 13:10, groups@... wrote:
I had a couple of stations reply to my CQ with Tx 3 last night.  Tx 2 is bad enough but Tx 3 seems bizarre to me.

Does anyone have any idea what they were expecting of me or the reasoning behind this?

73

Roger
G4HZA

Hi Roger,

that makes no sense. The 'R' is an acknowledgement of receipt of a signal report. Unless you had a recent partial QSO with them where you did get as far as sending a signal report to them, you can only respond with an R+report message and hope that they reply with 'RRR' or 'RR73'.

Carey Fisher

--
73, Carey, WB4HXE