locked Re: IC-7610 TX configuration

Lawrence (VA3IQ)

Tad,

My IC-7610 is working great with the latest release of WSJT-X.

I have attached my screen shot of the WSJT-X settings.

The configuration of the radio is as follows:

Connectors->MOD Input->USB Mod Level->20%
Connectors->MOD Input->DATA2 MOD->USB

The mode selected on the front panel is USB-D2.

I hope that this helps.

73 de VA3IQ

Lawrence

7610-WSJT-X-Settings.PNG

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 7:03 PM Derek Brown via groups.io <g8eci=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Tad,

Do you have the radio mode in USB-D1 mode ?  It will receive fine in SSB USB setting, but needs to be in Data USB D1 mode or D2 or D3, depending how its set ? If you have, make sure you PC is generating the tones and does the action of WSJT-X going to transmit, in either normal FT8 sequence or in the Tune position action the radio to change over  to TX ? Check what Bill has put above.

The screen shot is pretty poor quality cannot really make much out.

73 Derek G8ECI

On Friday, 12 June 2020, 23:33:12 BST, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 12/06/2020 14:41, Tad Danley wrote:

Have WSJT-X working on RX but cannot get TX working.  TX config screen shot attached.

I had previously set up the IC-7610 to work with N1MM+ and a single USB cable for logging, CW, FSK RTTY and recoded voice messages in N1MM+  -  so not sure if I need to change something in the radio settings, WSJT or both?

Thanks in advance for the help!

--

Tad Danley, K3TD

Tad,

you don't tell us what is not happening when you transmit.

I suspect you need to check "Settings->Radio->PTT Method->CAT", and "Settings->Radio->Mode-Data/PKT" for a start. There may also be some rig menu settings to adjust, your rig's manual has details.

This old post should help with Tx audio level settings as well:

https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5077