locked Re: WSJT-X stopped working

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I'm no expert, but everywhere I read about setup, your sound should be 16 bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality) both audio input and output.  73 Herb WB8ASI

On May 17, 2020 at 3:23 PM Jim Summers <kd7f@...> wrote:

OK, I was fiddling around and fixed my problem.  I did several things and I am not sure which did the trick but here is what I did:

1. I disabled the CODEC microphone device and then re-enabled it.
  2. In the sound control panel recording tab I accessed the properties and under the advanced tab on the properties page I set the sample rate and bit depth to 1 channel, 16 bit, 16000Hz
  3. Also on the advanced properties page I unchecked the “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”

I am decoding signals again!

73, Jim KD7F

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:57 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X stopped working

My windows 10 computer just did an update.  I was operating FT8 just fine before the update this morning.  After the update I found that the CODEC names I had given to the TS990 were no longer present.  I fixed that and I can now get tones to the rig but I get the “Error in Sound Input” dialog with the message: “An error opening the audio input device has occurred”

The update was “2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 based Systems (KB556799)”

I have verified that WSJTX should have access to the “microphone”

I am running WSJTX 2.0.1 just in case anything related to the audio may have changed in the more recent versions.

Any ideas?

73, Jim KD7F

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:32 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] WSJT-X stopped working

I use Kenwood TS-890S with Ham Radio Deluxe. When I installed HRD a month or so ago everything worked great regarding WSJT-X. How it has stopped receiving. The vertical receive scale on the left hand side of WSJT-X shows no signal at all. I have not changed anything. Any ideas?  I have the Codec USB selected in WSJT-X and in HRD.

Thanks,

Joe

K4PX

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.