locked Re: When and where to look for meteor scatter?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Yes, before dawn and until a couple hours after is the peak for randoms (local your time)

Around 6 p.m. is the minimum

There are randoms all day.

Google Meteor Scatter...there are some wonderful explanations with much greater detail there.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 3:10 PM Cirrus Secure <cirrus.secure@...> wrote:
I'm new to MS and this group. Is there a basis for saying any times of the day is are better for meteor scatter? Or is it matter of the density and composition of whatever debris our orbit happens to place us in? What are the best sources for providing where, in 3D space, meteors are ionizing and at what rate?

Thanks in advance.

73, Tom KE2KQ